Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Oldies but Goodies...

Hey Everybody,

So at Christmastime I get nostalgic for older things and my childhood way of life, even if all the  things I'm nostalgic for don't necessarily correlate with Christmas or the holiday season itself. One of the things I find myself the most nostalgic about right now is the music we grew up with, the music that was on all the radio stations and was so popular it was in all of our favorite movie. Thank you Disney Channel and Nickelodeon for that, now I can watch old TV shows and movies while simultaneously enjoying the music of my childhood.

So here are some of the songs that I hope you're as nostalgic about as me.

Ocean Avenue
The teenage romance of this song had me ready to be a teenager in love, and heartbroken when it didn't work out. Plus the catchy beat made it hard to forget.

Bye Bye Bye
I'm pretty sure every girl in my grade new this dance, and could be the perfect puppet in hopes that someday we would be as cool as Justin Timberlake.

Smells like Teen Spirit
Even if the song itself didn't come out when we were children, but before we were born, did't mean it was't a staple on many radio stations, that we could all rock out to.

Sk8er Boy
I mean it's a grungy teenage girl, she pretty much inspired my entire middle school career.

Carry Out
This was the ultimate dance tune, don't lie. 


Promiscuous Girl
If you say you don't know all the words, you're lying, no joke

She Will be Loved
I'm pretty sure I cried my preteen eyes out to this song

Burnin' Up
Thank You Disney Channel for the video.

Beautiful Soul
Two words, Jesse McCartney and Kim Possible.

Hollywood Girl
That movie episode of Drake and Josh made my childhood.

So thanks everyone one, and I hope you're having a great holiday season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment